Dear CCC Family,
There is a better name for March than “Name Tag Month.” That doesn’t sound very appealing and it doesn’t describe it accurately. It is really Friendship Month. The month in which we become better friends by learning each other’s name through wearing name tags. Join us for Friendship Month and become better friends.
I am enjoying the 40 Days in the Word series. I hope it is helping you to love, learn, and live God’s Word. In a few weeks we will temporarily have people share from their daily Bible reading in the service. We will change how we do the Lord’s Supper a little to allow that. It is going to be good.
See you Sunday!
PS I am looking forward to our next series starting on March 15. Be the Church. More details to follow.
Name Tag Month Friendship Month
During the month of March we will be asking you to wear name tags so we can become better acquainted. To make sure you have a printed name tag ready, please fill out a Communication Card on Sunday if you have never done so.
If you have music ability that would like to volunteer to be part of the music team talk to William Gomez or circle the “M” at the bottom of your completed Communication Card on Sunday.
Family Easter Event
CCC will host a Family Easter Event on Saturday, April 4. If you are interested in volunteering to work with the children, as an event greeter, or to interact with parents, please talk to Crystal.
40 Days in the Word Groups
Below is a list of the groups that will be using the 40 Days in the Word small group curriculum with the leader’s email for more information. You can also call the church office for information, 212 875-8621.
- Sunday, 12:30 pm, at PS 96 led by John Dyke, email@example.com.
- Monday, 7:30 pm, at 210 East 117th Street, fourth floor apartment, led by John Price, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, 7:30 pm, at 1787 Madison Avenue, led by Jeff Butler, email@example.com.
- Wednesday, 7:00 pm, at 173 W. 107th Street, led by Laury Dyke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, 7:30 pm, at 210 East 117th Street, first floor meeting room, led by Jeff Butler, email@example.com.
You are encouraged to attend one of the groups, but if you can’t or if you miss this week’s meeting you can watch the teaching video for session 5 by clicking here. Workbooks for 40 Days in the Word are available on Sunday.
Building Dedication Sunday – March 22
- We will formally dedicate our building at 210 East 117th Street on Sunday, March 22, the 29th anniversary of our church’s first Sunday service. The dedication will take place at 1:00 pm shortly after our regular service. The regular service will be a PS 96 and the dedication will be at 210 East 117th Street.
- We will be receiving a special Dedication Offering that will go toward the cost of the renovation. If you made a pledge during our Daring Faith Campaign and got behind, this would be a great way to catch up. If you have become part of our church family more recently, you can be part of the campaign to renovate the building by giving. Current and former members are always welcome to make a special gift in honor and memory of their time with CCC. Click here to go to the online donation Building Dedication Offering page.
- As part of the Dedication Service we would like a few people to share “What Community Christian Church means to me”. If you are interested in doing that, talk to Jeff or circle the “S” at the bottom of your Communication Card.
Adult Bible Fellowships
Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs) provide Bible instruction, discussion, friendship, and prayer.
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life. Led by Russell Kraft.
Forty Days in the Word. The 40 Days in the Word small group curriculum. Led by Jon Dyke and others.
Regular Sunday Schedule
9:30 am Adult Bible Fellowship
11:00 am Sunday Gathering in English with a live translation of the message
into Spanish via headsets.
12:30 pm Adult Bible Fellowship
Mar 8 – Time Change Sunday
Mar 22 – Formal Dedication of 210 East 117th Street
Apr 4 – Family Easter Event at 210 East 117th Street
Apr 10 – Good Friday Service at 210 East 117th Street
Apr 12 – Easter (Resurrection Sunday)
Apr 25 – Metro Christian Convention
Apr 26 – The Solomon Foundation Presentation
Visit www.cccnyc.org/inside for volunteer schedules, prayer list, & statistics.