Dear CCC Family,
Laurie and I will be away this coming Sunday and week visiting our grandchild. We will probably come back with some good stories! Greg Stokes will be speaking this Sunday so you know you will hear a good message.
See you next Sunday!
PS The Tuesday and Wednesday Bible studies that are held at the church building will not meet this week.
Teens need to know God and his Word. There is a new class just for teens, anyone in middle school or high school meeting at 11:30 am. Jon Dyke teaches this class.
Greet and Meet
CCC is hosting a “greet and meet” for young adults from our church on Sunday, October 8th at 2:00pm. We will meet at Crystal A’s apartment, conveniently located across the street from the church building. If you are in your 20s or 30s (or want to spend time with this age group regardless of numerical age), please come to meet and bond with your peers! Food and your great company are on the menu, so your presence is most anticipated! If you can’t attend this time, email us to let us know if you would be interested in attending a similar gathering toward the middle of October or early November.
Venue: Crystal’s Apartment – 5th Ave & 110th Street Address will be provided after you RSVP.
Date: Sunday, October 8th
Time: 2:00 pm (till you’re ready to leave – just don’t eat and run!!!)
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or/and email@example.com
[Disclaimer: this gathering is not for the purpose of dating. Sorry, no dating services. =) But please come just to hang out.]
CCC is collecting items that the City of New York will see gets transported to Puerto Rico. You can also make a financial gift to our Disaster Relief Fund which will be used to help relatives of our congregation affected by the storm. Indicate it is for Disaster Relief on your giving envelope or when giving online.
Bible Study in French
Want to study the Bible in French or know someone who does? Starting Sunday, October 15, Salomon Matasima, will lead an ABF that will be in French. Pass the word around!
The Staten Island Christian Church will host a women’s retreat on Saturday, October, 28, at their building from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. The theme is Identity Crisis and Jule Nevel is the speaker. You can get a sheet with details and a registration form at the Information Table in the lobby.
Sunday Adult Bible Fellowships
The Adult Bible Fellowships are gradually restarting in September.
- A 10:00 am ABF led by Russell Kraft. New Topic This Sunday. This ABF will start a new topic this Sunday, October 8, entitled “Doing What You Were Meant to Do.” This study is part of the Complete Christian Course. The courses do not need to be taken in order so anyone can join at any time.
- A 11:30 am ABF led by Norma Lozada, The Book of JONAH: not just a fish story … important themes include God’s grace and mercy; rebellion and flight; wages of sin; compassion (or the lack of it); reaction to crisis and troubles; hatred and prejudice; second chance (and more).
We have small groups that meet during the week. Some are taking a summer break and will resume in September. Others are still meeting.
- Tuesday, 7:30 pm, at the church building, 5. W. 110th St. Not meeting October 10.
- Wednesday, 11:00 am, at the church building, 5. W. 110th St. Not meeting October 11.
- Wednesday, 7:00 pm, Central Park West and W. 110th St.
- Friday, 7:30 pm, 44th St and Queens Blvd in Sunnyside, Queens.
Email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 212 875-8621 for exact locations.
If you parked in our parking lot, please fill out a parking registration form available in the lobby so we can contact you if you need to move your car. Please do not park next to the building. Those spaces are reserved for La Hermosa Christian Church.
Sun, Oct 8 – Guest Speaker – Greg Stokes
Sun, Oct 22 – Baptism Sunday
Sat, Oct 28 – Women’s Retreat
Sat, Nov 4 – Work Day at La Hermosa
Visit www.cccnyc.org/inside for volunteer schedules, prayer list, & statistics.
To give a donate online go to http://www.cccnyc.org/give-online/.