Dear CCC Family,
Everything is on schedule for us to dedicate 210 East 117th Street to God’s glory and service on March 22. To make the day a success we need your help and here is how you can do that.
- Celebrate with us by being there. The dedication service will be at 1:00 pm. We will have our usually Sunday service and refreshments and then walk three short blocks from the school to our building.
- Give to the the special Dedication Offering. All of the offering will go to the cost of the building renovation. You can click here to give.
- Help with the dedication. Share what CCC has meant to you. Set up and clean up the after dedication refreshments. (Yes, there will be more food.) Participate in the upcoming building clean up day.
This building is the result of many people sacrificing through service and giving from the very start of our church 29 years ago to today. We thank those who have since moved and those still with us for making this a reality. Well done, good and faithful servants!
We did it. Laurie and I moved into our apartment on the third floor last Monday. We spent the night and slept soundly. We will stay there some nights and some nights we will be in our house in New Jersey until it is sold. Laurie practiced the commute back to her job in New Jersey and that went well. Thank you for your prayers.
See you Sunday!
PS The message will be a little different this week. I think you will like it.
Family Easter Event
CCC will host a Family Easter Event on Saturday, April 4. If you are interested in volunteering to work with the children, as an event greeter, or to interact with parents, please talk to Crystal.
40 Days in the Word Groups
Below is a list of the groups that will be using the 40 Days in the Word small group curriculum with the leader’s email for more information. You can also call the church office for information, 212 875-8621.
- Sunday, 12:30 pm, at PS 96 led by John Dyke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, 7:30 pm, at 210 East 117th Street, fourth floor apartment, led by John Price, email@example.com.
- Tuesday, 7:30 pm, at 1787 Madison Avenue, led by Jeff Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, 7:00 pm, at 171 W. 107th Street, led by Laury Dyke, email@example.com
- Wednesday, 7:30 pm, at 210 East 117th Street, first floor meeting room, led by Jeff Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to attend one of the groups, but if you can’t or if you miss this week’s meeting you can watch the teaching video for session 4 by clicking here. Workbooks for 40 Days in the Word are available on Sunday.
Building Dedication Sunday – March 22
- We will formally dedicate our building at 210 East 117th Street on Sunday, March 22, the 29th anniversary of our church’s first Sunday service. The dedication will take place at 1:00 pm shortly after our regular service. The regular service will be a PS 96 and the dedication will be at 210 East 117th Street.
- We will be receiving a special Dedication Offering that will go toward the cost of the renovation. If you made a pledge during our Daring Faith Campaign and got behind, this would be a great way to catch up. If you have become part of our church family more recently, you can be part of the campaign to renovate the building by giving. Current and former members are always welcome to make a special gift in honor and memory of their time with CCC. Click here to go to the online donation Building Dedication Offering page.
- As part of the Dedication Service we would like a few people to share “What Community Christian Church means to me”. If you are interested in doing that, talk to Jeff or circle the “S” at the bottom of your Communication Card.
Name Tag Month
During the month of March we will be asking you to wear name tags so we can become better acquainted. To make sure you have a printed name tag ready, please fill out a Communication Card on Sunday if you have never done so.
Adult Bible Fellowships
Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs) provide Bible instruction, discussion, friendship, and prayer.
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life. Led by Russell Kraft.
Forty Days in the Word. The 40 Days in the Word small group curriculum. Led by Jon Dyke and others.
Regular Sunday Schedule
9:30 am Adult Bible Fellowship
11:00 am Sunday Gathering in English with a live translation of the message
into Spanish via headsets.
12:30 pm Adult Bible Fellowship
Mar 22 – Formal Dedication of 210 East 117th Street
Apr 4 – Family Easter Event at 210 East 117th Street
Apr 10 – Good Friday Service at 210 East 117th Street
Apr 12 – Easter (Resurrection Sunday)
Apr 25 – Metro Christian Convention
Apr 26 – The Solomon Foundation Presentation
Visit www.cccnyc.org/inside for volunteer schedules, prayer list, & statistics.