Dear CCC Family,
Last Sunday I made an announcement about Core52. It is book that we will read and use together as a church. It has 52 short chapters, one for each week for a year. Each chapter focuses on one foundation verse from the Bible. Going through the book together will give us a solid understanding of the Bible and its teachings.
We will use the book by setting aside 15 minus a day, five says a week, to read the book and suggested verses. Here is the pattern for the five days.
- Day one. You read the key verse and a short devotion about it.
- Day two. You memorize the key verse. You can do it. They are short and you are provided additional helps.
- Day three. Read a story or other passage from the Bible that illustrates the verse of the week.
- Day four. Read and reflect on three other passages related to the verse of the week.
- Day five. Put the verse into practice by completing a simple action step.
15 minutes a day – 5 days a week – 1 year. You will be Bible literate. You will get the Bible in you, it will fill you, and flow out you.
We are so excited about the book that we are giving it away free to the Community Christian Church family and friends, if you will commit to going through it together with us.
Go to www.cccnyc.org/core52. There you will find information about Core52. Then you will see this sentence.
“I am in! To the best of my ability I will spend 15 minutes a day, 5 days a week using Core52 to grow. Send me the book.”
If you will make that commitment, click the “I am in.” button on that page. It will take you to a form to fill out so we can get your name and the address where we should send your book. Notice is says “To the best of my ability.” We are not asking for perfection, just an good faith effort to read the book consistently.
Here is what will happen if you click the “I am in” button.
- We will send the book in about two weeks to the address you provide.
- You will also get a weekly email specifically about Core52 to give additional helps and encourage you on your journey to Bible literacy.
- You will learn about a virtual small group you can join to discuss the book.
That’s it. Simply. Click the button. Fill out the form. Get a free book. Get bible literacy and spiritual growth.
I hope you will be part of the Core52 journey. It will change your life.
PS The book really is free, but I know some of you will want to make an extra gift to help cover the cost. It is not expected or required, but if you want to make extra gift toward the books click here. and give to “General Tithe and/or Offering.”
“If Money Talked” Virtual Bible Study – Starting Thursday, May 14th at 7:30pm
If money talked, what would it say? You might be surprised that what it would say is pretty close to what Jesus did say two thousand years ago. In this four-session study, Andy Stanley offers an approach to money management that will make your life better and make you better at life. Whether you have a lot or a little, are a spender or a saver, you’ll find Andy’s insights challenging, refreshing, and extraordinarily practical.
This class will be held on Zoom and will be facilitated by Crystal. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this class. Learn more at https://www.ifmoneytalked.com/.