Dear CCC Family,
We are getting a different and new baptistry to use at 210 East 117th St. It will be less portable, but easier to use and faster to fill. It will be delivered on Monday, March 9. It is heavy. If you will be in the neighborhood and could help unload it, let me know. I can’t wait to use it!
We will have a special guest with us on Sunday, April 26, Russell Johnson. Russell is the Vice President and Relationship Manager at The Solomon Foundation. The Solomon Foundation is the organization that loaned us the money to buy and renovate our building at 210 East 117th Street. Russell will be here to congratulate us on our building, encourage us to use it to reach out to our community, and share how we can be partners in The Solomon Foundation’s ministry. Russell will share briefly in our service and then treat everyone to lunch.
We have been praying about the virus for weeks. COVID-19 has now shown up in our area. The government health organizations tell us to go about our daily life, but take the same precautions that we would during cold and flu season:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
Government agencies as well as businesses are taking some extra steps to prevent the spread. We will take a few steps in how we do things on Sunday as well. We will not hold the Family Easter Event, but all other activities will continue as normal unless government health agencies advice otherwise. At this time, they tell us that New Yorkers do not need to: limit travel within the city, change where they purchase food or how they prepare it, or avoid public gatherings and public transportation.
See you Sunday!
PS Remember to set you clocks back one hour when you go to bed Saturday night due to the time change.
At CCC, we want to be as welcoming as possible and provide a memorable experience to all of our first-time visitors and friends. With this in mind, we would like to start offering a free, useful First Time Visitor gift and we need your input! Click here to take our quick 3-question survey. Your input will really help us decide the best gift possible for our future First Time Visitor’s and friends.
Family Easter Event Update
We will not hold the Family Easter Event this year.
40 Days in the Word Groups
Below is a list of the groups that will be using the 40 Days in the Word small group curriculum with the leader’s email for more information. You can also call the church office for information, 212 875-8621.
- Sunday, 12:30 pm, at PS 96 led by John Dyke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, 7:30 pm, at 210 East 117th Street, fourth floor apartment, led by John Price, email@example.com.
- Tuesday, 7:30 pm, at 1787 Madison Avenue, led by Jeff Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, 7:00 pm, at 173 W. 107th Street, led by Laury Dyke, email@example.com
- Wednesday, 7:30 pm, at 210 East 117th Street, first floor meeting room, led by Jeff Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to attend one of the groups, but if you can’t or if you miss this week’s meeting you can watch the teaching video for session 6 by clicking here.
Building Dedication Sunday – March 22
- We will formally dedicate our building at 210 East 117th Street on Sunday, March 22, the 29th anniversary of our church’s first Sunday service. The dedication will take place at 1:00 pm shortly after our regular service. The regular service will be a PS 96 and the dedication will be at 210 East 117th Street.
- We will be receiving a special Dedication Offering that will go toward the cost of the renovation. If you made a pledge during our Daring Faith Campaign and got behind, this would be a great way to catch up. If you have become part of our church family more recently, you can be part of the campaign to renovate the building by giving. Current and former members are always welcome to make a special gift in honor and memory of their time with CCC. Click here to go to the online donation Building Dedication Offering page.
- As part of the Dedication Service we would like a few people to share “What Community Christian Church means to me”. If you are interested in doing that, talk to Jeff or circle the “S” at the bottom of your Communication Card.
Adult Bible Fellowships
Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs) provide Bible instruction, discussion, friendship, and prayer.
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life. Led by Russell Kraft.
Forty Days in the Word. The 40 Days in the Word small group curriculum. Led by Jon Dyke and others.
Regular Sunday Schedule
9:30 am Adult Bible Fellowship
11:00 am Sunday Gathering in English with a live translation of the message
into Spanish via headsets.
12:30 pm Adult Bible Fellowship
Mar 22 – Formal Dedication of 210 East 117th Street
Apr 10 – Good Friday Service at 210 East 117th Street
Apr 12 – Easter (Resurrection Sunday)
Apr 25 – Metro Christian Convention
Apr 26 – The Solomon Foundation Presentation
Visit www.cccnyc.org/inside for volunteer schedules, prayer list, & statistics.